Traineeships allow businesses to develop the next generation of employees by equipping young people with the personal and practical skills required in the workplace.
Traineeships were developed to ensure that young people have both the personal and practical skills required to ensure they are ready for the world of work. At its core, traineeships provide young people with preparation training, a high quality work experience placement and English and mathematics for those who need it. Traineeships can last up to six months and include:
- Work preparation training.
- English and mathematics.
- Structured work placement.
What is my involvement as an employer?
As an employer, you will be required to commit to a high quality work placement which lasts between six and twelve weeks. This placement will include:
- Pre-agreed content and objectives between your company, The Real Apprenticeship Company and the trainee.
- A structured opportunity for the young person, matched to the needs of your company, engaging the young person in purposeful learning activities within the workplace
- The work placement should be long enough to allow for the development of new skills and behaviours, and to take an assessment of their suitability to work in this environment.
- Trainees will receive coaching and training from an identified mentor in your company and a learner manager from The Real Apprenticeship Company, and will receive constructive feedback weekly, through a review.
- You are not required to pay young people taking part in traineeships, but you are encouraged to support trainees with expenses such as transport and meals.
Upon completion of a traineeship, we would like your company to consider offering the young person an apprenticeship. Where a company has limitations on their headcount but would like to offer the post The Real Apprenticeship Company will work with the employer to support an apprentice internship through its sister company The Real Solutions Group.
If you want to learn more about how a traineeship can support your business contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01323 810590